So
svelterose was a complete dear and sent me 16 samples of various BPAL scents.
And I've tried a few through the day. Definitely have my favorites and I do know which one I'm going to automatically purchase once income comes in, but maybe this will interest someone else.
Casanova: Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.
No offense, BPAL, but that's one librarian I'll go ahead and avoid.
House of Night: A sorrowful graveyard bouquet of somber blooms, funereal boughs, dismal green and laden with grief.
From the bottle, I immediately loathed this. However, after letting it dry, I have to say, nope, passing this one off.
!!*** Silk Road: A panoply of cultural treasures, spanning the herbs, flowers, oils and balms of the Romans, the Byzantines, the Mediterranean, the Levant, Northern China, Eastern Europe, Iran, the Bulgar-Kypchak, Mesopotamia, the Crimean Peninsula, Anatolia, Antioch, and North Africa.
It was love at first sniff! Spicy scents seem to be my personal favorite and I knew that I'd absolutely love this one. It's not one of those scents that smacks you in the face (Saw-scaled Viper, I'm looking at you) but sneaks up on you with a gentle hug.
On the skin: I'm definitely picking up the spice, I can't place it, but I'm getting a hint of floral. It's like walking into a store that holds all sorts of magical wonders and just standing at the door and inhaling. It smells like magic and long nights of candlelight and "let's find out where else you've applied this".
Baghdad: Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood.
I wanted to love this one, but it smells like old women playing canasta. *is disappointed*
**Namaste: This oil blend is a serene, soothing Indian blend, created to bring calm and joy to the heart and peace to the spirit. Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass.
This is very soothing even straight from the vial. It's one of those lean-in scents, but I'm really picking up on the lemongrass and cedar. Also ages quite well.
Saw Scaled Viper: Snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.
And the cassia smacks you in the face like a hooker scorned by a john. Still overpowering after a couple of hours while still being very complex, but DAMN.
What's left to try? **
And I've tried a few through the day. Definitely have my favorites and I do know which one I'm going to automatically purchase once income comes in, but maybe this will interest someone else.
Casanova: Who says librarians can’t be sexy? A rakish blend of leather, anise, lavender, bergamot and amber with tonka, lemon peel and lusty patchouli.
No offense, BPAL, but that's one librarian I'll go ahead and avoid.
House of Night: A sorrowful graveyard bouquet of somber blooms, funereal boughs, dismal green and laden with grief.
From the bottle, I immediately loathed this. However, after letting it dry, I have to say, nope, passing this one off.
!!*** Silk Road: A panoply of cultural treasures, spanning the herbs, flowers, oils and balms of the Romans, the Byzantines, the Mediterranean, the Levant, Northern China, Eastern Europe, Iran, the Bulgar-Kypchak, Mesopotamia, the Crimean Peninsula, Anatolia, Antioch, and North Africa.
It was love at first sniff! Spicy scents seem to be my personal favorite and I knew that I'd absolutely love this one. It's not one of those scents that smacks you in the face (Saw-scaled Viper, I'm looking at you) but sneaks up on you with a gentle hug.
On the skin: I'm definitely picking up the spice, I can't place it, but I'm getting a hint of floral. It's like walking into a store that holds all sorts of magical wonders and just standing at the door and inhaling. It smells like magic and long nights of candlelight and "let's find out where else you've applied this".
Baghdad: Amber, saffron and bergamot with mandarin, nutmeg, Bulgar rose, musk and sandalwood.
I wanted to love this one, but it smells like old women playing canasta. *is disappointed*
**Namaste: This oil blend is a serene, soothing Indian blend, created to bring calm and joy to the heart and peace to the spirit. Sandalwood, jasmine, rose, patchouli, cedarwood and lemongrass.
This is very soothing even straight from the vial. It's one of those lean-in scents, but I'm really picking up on the lemongrass and cedar. Also ages quite well.
Saw Scaled Viper: Snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger.
And the cassia smacks you in the face like a hooker scorned by a john. Still overpowering after a couple of hours while still being very complex, but DAMN.
What's left to try? **
- Athens: voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers.
- Bastet: Luxuriant amber, warm Egyptian musk, fierce saffron and soft myrrh, almond, cardamom and golden lotus.**
- Come to Me: A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme. ** (Seriously?)
- Bordello: Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.**
- Yggdrasil: Nine woods, nine leaves, and three herbs each for Ratatosk and Vidofnir, with three final herbs to placate Nidhogg.
- Kali: This perfume is a blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey.**
- Perspherone:Pomegranate and rose.
- Rakshasa: Sandalwood with rose and patchouli.
- Zorya: Spices of the Orient mingle with crystalline musk, midnight flowers and cereus, jasmine, primrose and vesper iris.
- Marquise de Merteuil: Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver.